Just some info:

Please keep in mind that I have lots of time and money invested in this project. Many of the names are family members... some a few (not usually very far) generations down the line. Others are names in my husband's family, brothers-in-laws families and my sons-in-laws families and daughter-in-laws families. Some are related to others in my family tree but not directly to me. All information I have personally gathered. I did not use any information from the Mormon Church's many sites. I have researched everything. Most photos belong to me directly, except the ones that I have given credit too.

My family lines are (note: the * are in my family tree {I still have many to mark.}) Jones, Pugh, Knowles, Prothero, Painter, Owens, Nash, Albright, Watkins, Hall, Edgerton, Willoughby, Draper, Charinsky, Aikin, Moore, Meers, Morgan, DalValley (DalVallee), Monson, Klaman, Breeden, Dora, Russell, Williamson, Arnold, Chism, Siddell, Weindenburner, Gill, Ames, Wallis, Chantos, Keller, Davis, Wilcox, Cox, Pate, Gruber, Palmer, Sullivan, Douthit, West, Butler, Reese, Balsley, Smallcomb and the list goes on.

Some folks, on this blog, are friends or friends' parents. Others are individuals that are on the same page as one of my family.

I am willing to do research for others, however I do charge for extensive research and for the cost of research items. To check in some of our local cemetery records they do charge. Birth and Death records also cost. Before I do that search I will require a deposit in my paypal account. Please ask ahead if I will be charged to help you. Also all of the articles I have, I have paid to make copies of .

Give me a Shout-out About Family History

I am not only looking for and posting my own family history, but others that I have found.



Blank lines means the individual is still living at the time that I post the article. I try not to publish any names of living individuals. This is not always possible, as some folks may still be alive and I don't know them. Sorry if I have posted a name of someone you know for sure is still living. Contact me and I will make their name a blank line.
I have the complete obit if you are related and need more information. Please state how you are related in your email.


Have Genealogy you would like to share?

Contact me at genealogist53@gmail.com



Friday, June 11, 2010

James Chism*

from a book Wilma Wick has: page 173
Charles Chism
*James Chism was a Virginian by birth. He was a soldier in the Revolution and the War of 1812. He was an Indian fighter under command of General Harrison.
In the year 1813 James Chism, his wife and three small children emigrated to Timberville, Bald-Hill Prairie, Edwards County, Illinois Territory. Indians were numerous in this part of the country and four times the family sought refuge fleeing to a Vicennes fort for greater security.
James died when a young man and the family moved to the northern part of the state. James' wife died and a son Elisha came back to this vicinity with a small brother and sister. Elisha learned the trade of a blacksmith. In consideration of a horse, saddle and bridle he became the substitute for a young man as a soldier in the Black Hawk campaign. After three months he came back to this vicinity and worked for some time at his trade in Wanboro and then a large shop in Albion for many years.
His first marriage was to Hester Thread. This resulted in a family of twelve children. When his first wife died he married a Mrs. Leonard, and two children were born to this union. He died at the home of a son Thos. J. in Albion.
Thomas and his wife had four children, Mayne, Frank, Charles and one unaccounted for.
Charles was born in 1866 and marreid Lettie Lollar of Ingraham, Illinois. He died in 1938. She died at the age of 65, 1934. He was a barber for forty-six years on West Main Street in Albion. He and his wife were active members in the Albion Christian Church.
To this union were born four children. Porter. Howard. Bonalynn and Edna. Porter and Howard married Thelma and Mabyl Marriott (sisters) from Browns. They moved to Michigan and each had two children.
Bonalynn was a chorus and English teacher at the Albion High School. She died in 1953, age 53. A scholarship is given every year in her memory to a Sr., in the Edwards Sr. High School by Delta Philanthropic Sorority.
Edna was married to Gilbert (Skee) Hilgeman of Bellmont, the son of William and Claudia Joachim Hilgeman and lived in a near Albion. He worked for the Albion Journal Register many years. He had one brother George. Gilbert died in 1962 age 62, Edna in 1963, age 62.
To this union was born one son, Charles W. (Skee) Hilgeman, in 1929. He was in the army two years during the Korean conflict. He married Lillian Woods in 1950. She is the daughter of Charlie C., son of Edward and Nellie Lines Woods, and Genevieve, daughter of Thos. W. and Luella Woodham Smith. They live on a farm near Ellery. She has one sister, Lugene Millar.
Charles W. Hilgeman Jr. Called Chuck was born in 1960. He was married to Terri Orr in 1980. Terri is the daughter of Paul and Marjorie Doty Orr. Chuck and Terri live in Carmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment