Just some info:

Please keep in mind that I have lots of time and money invested in this project. Many of the names are family members... some a few (not usually very far) generations down the line. Others are names in my husband's family, brothers-in-laws families and my sons-in-laws families and daughter-in-laws families. Some are related to others in my family tree but not directly to me. All information I have personally gathered. I did not use any information from the Mormon Church's many sites. I have researched everything. Most photos belong to me directly, except the ones that I have given credit too.

My family lines are (note: the * are in my family tree {I still have many to mark.}) Jones, Pugh, Knowles, Prothero, Painter, Owens, Nash, Albright, Watkins, Hall, Edgerton, Willoughby, Draper, Charinsky, Aikin, Moore, Meers, Morgan, DalValley (DalVallee), Monson, Klaman, Breeden, Dora, Russell, Williamson, Arnold, Chism, Siddell, Weindenburner, Gill, Ames, Wallis, Chantos, Keller, Davis, Wilcox, Cox, Pate, Gruber, Palmer, Sullivan, Douthit, West, Butler, Reese, Balsley, Smallcomb and the list goes on.

Some folks, on this blog, are friends or friends' parents. Others are individuals that are on the same page as one of my family.

I am willing to do research for others, however I do charge for extensive research and for the cost of research items. To check in some of our local cemetery records they do charge. Birth and Death records also cost. Before I do that search I will require a deposit in my paypal account. Please ask ahead if I will be charged to help you. Also all of the articles I have, I have paid to make copies of .

Give me a Shout-out About Family History

I am not only looking for and posting my own family history, but others that I have found.



Blank lines means the individual is still living at the time that I post the article. I try not to publish any names of living individuals. This is not always possible, as some folks may still be alive and I don't know them. Sorry if I have posted a name of someone you know for sure is still living. Contact me and I will make their name a blank line.
I have the complete obit if you are related and need more information. Please state how you are related in your email.


Have Genealogy you would like to share?

Contact me at genealogist53@gmail.com



Friday, June 11, 2010

Frank Nash Sr. Obit 1937*

Newspaper in Albion, Illinois 1937
Frank Nash, Sr.
*Funeral Services for Frank Nash, Sr., 66, were held at the home in this place last Thursday afternoon, conducted by Rev. Randall C. Eastham, until a short time ago pastor of the Free Methodist Church of this place. Mr. Nash has been in poor health for sometime and suffered another stroke a few days before his death on Tuesday night. He and Mrs. Nash moved to this place nearly two years ago from Browns where he had formerly been in business for many years. He is survived by his wife, also in poor health, one daughter, Mrs. Raymond Chitty, formerly of this place but now of Olney; three sons, Frank Jr., of this place, Joe of Danville, Earl of Bicknell, Ind., six grandchildren, one brother, and three friends, and many friends. Interment was made in Graceland cemetery, Albion.

Frank Nash, Sr., of West Salem passed away at nine o'clock Tuesday night, at the age of 66 years.   He had been in failing health for the past few years.   Recently he suffered another stroke from which he never recovered.

Mr. Nash was born and reared in Albion.   For twenty-five years he was in the meat and grocery business at Browns.   The family moved from Browns to West Salem more than a year ago.

Mr. Nash is survived by his invalid wife, one daughter, Mrs. Ida Chitty of Olney, and three sons, Frank of West Salem, Joe of Danville and Earl of Bicknell, Indiana; six grandchildren, three sisters and one brother.

Funeral services will be held from the home Thursday afternoon at 2:00 o'clock conducted by Rev. R. C. Eastham of St. Francisville.   Interment will be at Graceland.

~~~~~~~~~~
                   Frank Nash, Sr.
Frank Nash, son of George and Elizabeth Nash, was born in Albion, Ill., Sept 13, 1871 and departed this life at West Salem, Ill., October 5, 1937, at the age of 66 years and 22 days.   He was united in marriage to Sarah Evelyn Moore on May 29, 1891.   To this union were born four children:   Mrs. Ida Chitty of Olney, Frank, Jr., of West Salem, Joe of Danville, and Earl of Bicknell, Ind., all of whom, with the invalid wife, survive him.

Mr. Nash was a merchant of Browns for twenty-five years.   He has been in failing health for a number of years.   Recently he suffered another stroke from which he never recovered.   He always gave loyal financial support to the church and civic organizations.   The greatest part of his life was spent in Edwards County.   More than a year ago the family moved from Browns to West Salem.   Besides the immediate family he leaves to mourn his passing, six grandchildren; three sisters, Mrs. Hattie Horton of Chicago, Mrs. Clara Livengood of Jacksonville, and Mrs. Eliza Baker of Harrison, Ark.; one brother, George of Evansville, other relatives and a host of friends.

Deceased was thoughtful and considerate of his family, and always appreciative of every kindness shown him.   He will be sadly missed.

The funeral service was conducted at the home by Rev. R.C. Eastham of St. Francisville.   Interment was made in Graceland Cemetery, Albion.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment