Just some info:

Please keep in mind that I have lots of time and money invested in this project. Many of the names are family members... some a few (not usually very far) generations down the line. Others are names in my husband's family, brothers-in-laws families and my sons-in-laws families and daughter-in-laws families. Some are related to others in my family tree but not directly to me. All information I have personally gathered. I did not use any information from the Mormon Church's many sites. I have researched everything. Most photos belong to me directly, except the ones that I have given credit too.

My family lines are (note: the * are in my family tree {I still have many to mark.}) Jones, Pugh, Knowles, Prothero, Painter, Owens, Nash, Albright, Watkins, Hall, Edgerton, Willoughby, Draper, Charinsky, Aikin, Moore, Meers, Morgan, DalValley (DalVallee), Monson, Klaman, Breeden, Dora, Russell, Williamson, Arnold, Chism, Siddell, Weindenburner, Gill, Ames, Wallis, Chantos, Keller, Davis, Wilcox, Cox, Pate, Gruber, Palmer, Sullivan, Douthit, West, Butler, Reese, Balsley, Smallcomb and the list goes on.

Some folks, on this blog, are friends or friends' parents. Others are individuals that are on the same page as one of my family.

I am willing to do research for others, however I do charge for extensive research and for the cost of research items. To check in some of our local cemetery records they do charge. Birth and Death records also cost. Before I do that search I will require a deposit in my paypal account. Please ask ahead if I will be charged to help you. Also all of the articles I have, I have paid to make copies of .

Give me a Shout-out About Family History

I am not only looking for and posting my own family history, but others that I have found.



Blank lines means the individual is still living at the time that I post the article. I try not to publish any names of living individuals. This is not always possible, as some folks may still be alive and I don't know them. Sorry if I have posted a name of someone you know for sure is still living. Contact me and I will make their name a blank line.
I have the complete obit if you are related and need more information. Please state how you are related in your email.


Have Genealogy you would like to share?

Contact me at genealogist53@gmail.com



Friday, June 11, 2010

Frank Chism Obit*

Frank Chism, 62, A Suicide Tuesday; Was Ill Long Time
*Frank Chism, 62, Spanish American War veteran, former barber and well known resident of this community, took his life Tuesday morning about eight in the region of the heart with a .38 calibre revolver.
Deceased had been in poor health for several years, suffering with tuberculosis of the throat and heart complications. Over three years ago his illness compelled him to give up his business in which he was associated with his brother Charles. Since that time he had lives quietly at his home on South Fifth street and his condition slowly but steadily worse. For over a week prior to his death, he had not been able to leave his room. His incurable condition, together with the suffering which he had undergone, no doubt motivated the act which came as a shock to the community.
The last person to see Mr. Chism alive was Bill Schock, son of Mr. and Mrs. F.E. Schock, who lives next door and who made it a habit to drop in on the deceased at intervals and see if there was anything he needed. When Schock went to to the home about 7:45 Tuesday morning, Mr. Chism was sitting on the edge of the bed. He admitted to Schock that he was very ill and that he could hardly leave his bed. Schock returned home and a few minutes later the family heard a shot. At first they thought it was a firecracker, but later they learned from W. A. Marshall who had gone to the home, that Mr. Chism had passed away.
A coroner's jury was empanelled by Coroner A. J. Boston, which after hearing evidence of Dr. R. L. Moter and W. A. Marshall, who was in the vicinity and who was called when it was feared something had happened to Mr. Chism, returned a verdict of death from a self inflicted gun shot wound with suicidal intent, on account of ill health. The jury was composed of Alfred Montgomery foreman; James G. Smith, William Kendrick, James Kendrick, J.P. Hyre and Francis Redman.
Deceased is son of Thomas Jefferson and Mary Lenora Crome Chism, also natives of Albion, was born here September 1, 1871. He grew to manhood here, attending local schools and later worked on the Albion Journal for a number of years as compositor. He also worked on Mt. Vernon, Illinois, newspapers. He was a member of a number of famous old Albion bands.
He enlisted in the Army during the Spanish American War and saw service in Cuba. He was a member of a band in a Mississippi regiment known as the 5th Immunes supposed to be immune from yellow fever. Several Albion men were members of the same regiment and band. After his honorable discharge he returned to Albion and for many years was in the barber business here. He was a member of the Elks Lodge of Mt. Carmel.
Deceased was never married. He is survived by his brother Charles of Albion, a sister Mrs. Mayme Bump of Evansville, and a number of nieces, nephews and other more distant relatives.
Funeral services were held this morning at 9:30 o'clock at Nales's Funeral home by Rev. F.C. Rustemeyer, pastor of the Albion Christian Church. Interment was in Albion Cemetery.
The American Legion participated in the services and the remains were laid to rest with military honors.

No comments:

Post a Comment