Just some info:

Please keep in mind that I have lots of time and money invested in this project. Many of the names are family members... some a few (not usually very far) generations down the line. Others are names in my husband's family, brothers-in-laws families and my sons-in-laws families and daughter-in-laws families. Some are related to others in my family tree but not directly to me. All information I have personally gathered. I did not use any information from the Mormon Church's many sites. I have researched everything. Most photos belong to me directly, except the ones that I have given credit too.

My family lines are (note: the * are in my family tree {I still have many to mark.}) Jones, Pugh, Knowles, Prothero, Painter, Owens, Nash, Albright, Watkins, Hall, Edgerton, Willoughby, Draper, Charinsky, Aikin, Moore, Meers, Morgan, DalValley (DalVallee), Monson, Klaman, Breeden, Dora, Russell, Williamson, Arnold, Chism, Siddell, Weindenburner, Gill, Ames, Wallis, Chantos, Keller, Davis, Wilcox, Cox, Pate, Gruber, Palmer, Sullivan, Douthit, West, Butler, Reese, Balsley, Smallcomb and the list goes on.

Some folks, on this blog, are friends or friends' parents. Others are individuals that are on the same page as one of my family.

I am willing to do research for others, however I do charge for extensive research and for the cost of research items. To check in some of our local cemetery records they do charge. Birth and Death records also cost. Before I do that search I will require a deposit in my paypal account. Please ask ahead if I will be charged to help you. Also all of the articles I have, I have paid to make copies of .

Give me a Shout-out About Family History

I am not only looking for and posting my own family history, but others that I have found.



Blank lines means the individual is still living at the time that I post the article. I try not to publish any names of living individuals. This is not always possible, as some folks may still be alive and I don't know them. Sorry if I have posted a name of someone you know for sure is still living. Contact me and I will make their name a blank line.
I have the complete obit if you are related and need more information. Please state how you are related in your email.


Have Genealogy you would like to share?

Contact me at genealogist53@gmail.com



Sunday, September 18, 2011

George Elmer Sullivan Obit*

George Elmer Sullivan*

The Norman Transcript

 

- George Elmer Sullivan, 82, passed from this life on earth to join with his Lord -- Savior Jesus Christ on Monday, January 14, 2008. His loving wife, daughter, sons, and friends were at his side at the moment of passing. George was born in Danville, Illinois, on August 21, 1925 to Claude Sullivan and Estella M. Douthitt. He is preceded in death by his mother, father, brother, first wife, and an adopted daughter. He is survived by his wife of 35 years, _______ of Norman, OK, his daughter _________of Enid, OK, his sons ________and wife _______ of Ada, OK,________and wife ________ of Drummond, OK, _________and wife_________of Houston, TX, ________and wife ______ of Norman, OK, ________and wife ________ of Norman, OK, and _________of Houston, TX. George is survived by thirteen grandchildren: ________, ___________and his wife _______, _________and his wife_______, Julie _______ and her husband______, ____________, __________, __________, _________, ___________, ___________, _________, __________, _________and ________. George had ten great grandchildren: __________, _________, _________, _________, __________, ____________, __________, ___________, ___________, and __________.


George grew up in Danville, Illinois and attended Danville High School. He served in the Army Air Corps during World War II as a flight engineer on a B-29 bomber. He was honorably discharged on November 27, 1945. George attended Abilene Christian College. When he met his first wife, Iris Colleen Clark, at Sears, she agreed to go out on a date with him after he agreed to attend church with her. They were married on October 16, 1945 in Albuquerque, NM. George and Colleen bore one daughter, Pamela, and adopted a second daughter, Connie. Colleen passed away on March 9, 1972 in Hennessey, Oklahoma. George married Dorothy Ann Bryant on January 31, 1973. Dorothy was a high school art teacher. George loved her five boys as his own.

George entered the Ministry in 1955 and preached for churches of Christ in Moriarty, NM, Junction City, KS, Woodson, TX, Bridge City, TX, Albuquerque, NM, Ponca City, OK, Enid, OK, Hennessey, OK, Helena, OK and then Garden City, Kansas before retiring from the Ministry in 1981. Following his retirement, George continued to preach and teach the word at local churches they attended in Enid, Perkins, Tahlequah, Bethany, and then Norman, Oklahoma, where they have spent the last fifteen years.

George was truly a servant of God and a helper of people. He touched the lives of many people, preaching, teaching, counseling, and helping those in need. One of George's greatest accomplishments was his family, teaching them to love each other, respect people, and to have a servant heart. George also liked reading, Big Band music, OU Football, and OU Women's Basketball.

Following retirement from the ministry, George helped Dorothy with her artwork, traveled to art shows across the United States and enjoyed spending time with his wife, meeting others during their
travels, and seeing the country. George was a faithful and loving husband, a patient and loving father, a supportive grandfather, and a loving friend. His life was a true model of Christian living, an example that will serve his family and all those he touched. He was deeply loved and will be truly missed here on earth. We will all look forward to the day we join him in heaven in the arms of Jesus.

Family will greet friends and relatives from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., Thursday, January 17, 2008, at Havenbrook Funeral Home. Funeral Services will be held at 2:00 P.M., Friday, January 18, 2008, at Havenbrook Funeral Home Chapel with Leon Dennis officiating. Private Interment will follow. Services are under the direction of Havenbrook Funeral Home of Norman, Oklahoma.
Send condolences online at http://www.havenbrookfuneralhome.com/Obituaries.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment